Tuesday, 10th July 2018
We’re hiring a Customer Advisor
Contract: Full-time and permanent
Holidays: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
Salary: £17,062.50 per annum
Our customer advisors are the first point of contact to all of our members and the face of the organisation.
They ensure that all of our members experience exceptional customer service by putting their relationship building skills to use in getting to the heart of our members’ needs.
Your key roles
• Using a computer system to cashier
• Handling deposits and withdrawals in cash, cheques, and electronic payments
Providing the best customer experience:
You will be responsible for helping our members whether it is in-person, via phone or e-mail. This includes:
• Being an advocate of Darlington Credit Union and promoting the benefits and ranges of products/services to our members
• Build a good rapport and relationships with our members
• Opening accounts
• Helping customers fill out application forms
• General management of accounts
• Dealing with enquiries
• Dealing with any complaints
• General clerical duties
• Support volunteers in their roles and to man collection points in circumstances of volunteer holidays/sickness
We encourage staff to come up with ideas on how we can improve be it service or communications, and we give the opportunity to the person coming up with the idea to work with the appropriate people to bring that into fruition.
The ideal person we are looking for has:
• a minimum of 7 GCSEs including Maths and English
• a high degree of IT literacy
• high standards of professional appearance and courtesy
• the people skills to deal effectively and efficiently with a diverse range of people types including vulnerable people
• excellent communication skills
• Good people skills – someone who can offer exceptional service
• knowledge in areas of financial service including money laundering and compliance. (This is preferable but not essential as full training will be given.)
• A good team player working in a small team but are also independent
• Someone who has original ideas and wants to make contributions
What you’ll be joining:
We are Darlington Credit Union. A not-for-profit financial co-operative. We offer financial services to those in our local area
We are a rapidly growing organisation and hopefully you will be coming in as a customer advisor, but as we grow, there will be increased opportunities. We are a dynamic and young company and are looking for people to bring fresh ideas.
Send us your CV and a covering letter FAO Tony Brockley, Darlington Credit Union, 41 Tubwell Row, DL1 1PD. The closing date is Friday 13th July 2018.